My latest treasury, featurning glorious mums!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
I'm in an orange and brown mood since the Cleveland Browns are undefeated in pre-season football! Ok, yes, they have only played one game, but it's not very often that us Browns fans can say we're undefeated! These smokey quartz and carnelian earrings are perfect for game day!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
I try to plan our most of our meals for the week on Sunday. It makes it easier when I come home from work knowing that I have what I need. And now I'm planning my meals around tomatoes. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite ways to enjoy tomatoes ~ nothing too fancy here, just good food with fresh ingredients! I'd love to hear your favorites too!
- Pasta with Garlic and Tomato - heat light olive oil in a pan and saute fresh chopped garlic until fragrant (be careful not to let brown). Add in cherry or grape tomatoes which have been cut in half. Saute for a few minutes until tomatoes start to wilt a bit. Add in cooked angel hair pasta. Toss with your favorite cheese - we like either feta or parmesan. This is also good with canned artichokes added in too.
- BLT - I can't resits making a BLT with fresh beefsteak tomato slices. It reminds me of a diner up in Rogers City, Michigan that we used to go to when visiting my Aunt. They made the best BLTs and hashbrowns. Nothing beats comfort food at a diner!
- Caprese Salad - layer slices of fresh mozzerella and tomato. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper. Top with a few sprigs of basil. Perfect on a hot summer day! Or, just a big tomato slice sprinkled with salt and pepper. Yum!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
I've been seeing tomatoes everywhere - my garden, the markets and at roadside produce stands. I searched ETSY and found some great items in shades of tomato red.
- Apron from Poppy's Garden Gate
- Bowl from Clay Lick Creek Pottery
- Earrings from Lush Boutique
- Glycerin Soap from Paintbox Soapworks
- Neckwarmer Scarf from Albertine's Creations
- Picture Frame from Art City Frames
I hope you enjoy browsing these shops as much as I did!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
I've been riding my bike every night. I love looking at people's gardens as I ride by, especially hydrangeas. I love the various shades of pink and blue. My hot pink blooms have been stunning this summer and I love bringing the blooms inside!