Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Peach Cobbler

We get together most Sundays for dinner with my family.  Today my sister-n-law asked me to bring dessert.  I had already gone grocery shopping, so I headed to my pantry to see what I could make.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com for peach cobbler and since it called for canned peaches, I thought I'd give it a try.  I made a couple changes to the recipe, cutting down on the butter and sugar.  I also doubled it.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 6.  I'm not sure using a 13x9 pan was a great idea (the original recipe called for a 2 qt dish).  It was done all the way through, but the middle was a bit 'gummy'.  But overall it tasted great, especially warm with vanilla ice cream!  The original recipe is here {linky}  and below is my modified version.

I liked that it was quick to make - I didn't even have to get my mixer out.  Next time I'll make a single batch, but probably still cut back the butter and suger.


Southern Peach Cobbler
5T butter
1 1/4 c white sugar
1 1/2 c self-rising flour
1 1/2 c milk (I used 1%)
2  29 oz cans sliced peaches in light syrup

Preheat oven to 350.  Place butter in 13x9 pan and place in oven to melt.

In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar.  Stir in milk slowly until mixture is smooth.  Pour carefully over the melted butter in pan.  Spoon peaches over the batter along with half of the syrup.

Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until puffed and golden.  I checked for doneness with a toothpick.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment