Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Warm Weather Dinners ~ Greek Salad


When it's hot and humid out, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven or stovetop!  Whenever we grill chicken, I always throw some extra on the grill for later in the week.  A greek salad topped with chicken was my latest creation this week.  Below is the recipe - but I'm not even sure I should call it a recipe.  It's so easy and can be done with any type of salad or meat you have in the fridge. 

Grilled Chicken:  We always marinate ours in low-fat italian dressing.  I like to use Ken's Italian w/Aged Romano dressing.  Boneless and skiness chicken breasts or tenders are what we grill.

Salad:  I tossed together romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, sliced red onion, crumbled lite feta cheese and pitted kalamata olives.  For the dressing I used Kraft's Greek Vinegrette and also drizzled some extra-virgin olive oil on top.

This was the perfect 'cool' meal.  My husband is not a big salad eater, but the chicken on top satisfied him along with some crusty ciabatta bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment