Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

I just came home from making stuffing at my parents home.  They hosted Thanksgiving dinner up until 3 years ago when my Dad suffered his first stroke.  Now I host dinner, but the stuffing is still made at their house, in the basement - my mom is lucky to have a 2nd kitchen in her basement.  This year was a bit different.  My husband came along and watched tv with my Dad while my Mom and I worked in the kitchen.  It's hard to watch my Dad struggle sometimes with his Parkinsons Disease, but he loved spending time with my husband watching Wheel of Fortune tonight!  It was nice to see him enjoy himself. 

Meanwhile, making the stuffing gave my mom a much deserved break - she was diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer and will be going in for a lumpectomy next week.  The past few weeks have been filled with pre-op appointments and tests.  This evening we were able to just chit-chat while chopping, mixing and cooking. 

So this year I'm thankful for my parents.  It's been a rough year, but we've helped each get through some of the tough days.  We've also had many good days and we'll continue to do so in 2011:)

I wish you all a warm and peaceful Thanksgiving ♥
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment