Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Apple Bran Muffins


I have such a sweet tooth, especially when I'm at work!  I'm always looking for homemade, lowfat treats to pack in my bag.  These were really good -- not overly sweet.  Usually when I make lowfat baked goods I don't like them to much. I used 2 apples so they were really filled with apple chunks.  My dad also likes his sweets and he gave me the thumbs up too :)  So this recipe's a keeper!

Apple Bran Muffins
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1 1/2 c Kellogg's All Bran Cereal
1 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
2 T melted butter
1 or 2 apples, peeled and chopped
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 c honey

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. Beat the egg with milk in a bowl and mix in the bran cereal.  Let stand until the cereal absorbs the liquid, about 5 minutes.  Gently mix in the flour, baking soda, spices, melted butter, apple, banana and honey.  Stir until well mixed.
  3. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean


No comments:

Post a Comment