Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pepperoni Bread Recipe

I often make pepperoni bread on Sundays.  It's great to snack on and easy to toss a slice in our lunch bags.  It's a great recipe because it doesn't have exact measurements.  And if you're not a fan of pepperoni, any sliced lunchmeat and cheese will work.

Pepperoni Bread
pizza dough
pepperoni (I like sandwich pepperoni, sliced thin)
shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian salad dressing

I take my dough out of the fridge and let it warm up to room temperature for about an hour or so.  Roll out to a rectangle on a floured surface.  Lightly brush with Italian dressing.  Sprinkle a handful of cheese over dough and then add a layer of pepperoni.  Top with another handful of cheese.

Fold in each side about an inch and then beginning at the top of the rectangle, roll the dough.  When you get to the end, lightly wet the dough with water and pinch the seam together.  Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet with the seam side down.  Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden, about 30 minutes.

Note:  for those of you in the Cleveland area, I get my pizza dough at either Alesci's or Heinens... both are very good!





And sometimes no matter how well I think I've pinched the seam, it bursts open!  But it still tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment