Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Craft Show ~ Jewelry Display Tips

First,  a disclaimer:  I only do a few shows a year and they are all inside where I have one table.  I'm definitely not an expert, but have put together a few display tips to share. 
  • Have a consistent theme and look.  For me, this begins with the earring card holders and price tags.  I recently purchased ones from a new favorite seller on Etsy.  I'll be posting a separate topic on this!
  • Use a nice table cover.  This doesn't have to be expensive!  I purchased a few yards of a suede-like fabric from Joann Fabrics when I had a 50% off coupon.  For my jewelry, a nice solid color works best as a backdrop.  Anything with a print would be too busy and distracting.  Other options for a table cover are sheets or blankets... be creative!
  • Vary the height of your display.  I had a couple photo storage boxes that I placed on the table, with a fabric napkin over them.  I would have liked something a bit higher, but didn't have the time to come up with something.  I apologize for the clutter behind the tables.... everyone was still setting up!


  • Group 'like' items together.  I had bracelets and necklaces in pretty shades of blue.  I grouped those together along with several pair of matching items.  That way potential buyers can see the whole collection together and buy the whole set.

  • People love looking through my bargain bin!  I always have a bowl with earrings under $10.  Most often people would find something in there first, then pick out something else too.

  • Think outside the box when it comes to displays.  Buying displays can get expensive, and for someone like me that doesn't do a lot of shows, it's not feasible.  If you google 'jewelry displays' you'll come up with lots of ideas - people are so creative!  I made a new earring display for this past show.  DIY instructions coming soon!

I hope you find these helpful!  I'm always looking for new tips and would love for you to share yours!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find those clear plexi stands your earrings are on?? I'm in desperate need of more. I found some at a display shop that carries second hand fixtures. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of very reasonably priced display fixture shops on ebay. Very competitive prices and you can get these for less than $2 each

    ReplyDelete