- Have a consistent theme and look. For me, this begins with the earring card holders and price tags. I recently purchased ones from a new favorite seller on Etsy. I'll be posting a separate topic on this!
- Use a nice table cover. This doesn't have to be expensive! I purchased a few yards of a suede-like fabric from Joann Fabrics when I had a 50% off coupon. For my jewelry, a nice solid color works best as a backdrop. Anything with a print would be too busy and distracting. Other options for a table cover are sheets or blankets... be creative!
- Vary the height of your display. I had a couple photo storage boxes that I placed on the table, with a fabric napkin over them. I would have liked something a bit higher, but didn't have the time to come up with something. I apologize for the clutter behind the tables.... everyone was still setting up!
- Search the internet for ideas. Here's just a few of favorite discussions of displays I found:
- Group 'like' items together. I had bracelets and necklaces in pretty shades of blue. I grouped those together along with several pair of matching items. That way potential buyers can see the whole collection together and buy the whole set.
- People love looking through my bargain bin! I always have a bowl with earrings under $10. Most often people would find something in there first, then pick out something else too.
- Think outside the box when it comes to displays. Buying displays can get expensive, and for someone like me that doesn't do a lot of shows, it's not feasible. If you google 'jewelry displays' you'll come up with lots of ideas - people are so creative! I made a new earring display for this past show. DIY instructions coming soon!
I hope you find these helpful! I'm always looking for new tips and would love for you to share yours!