I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit. Yum! I had to share! This was our meal on a recent cold snowy Sunday. The house smelled so good as it baked. It was so easy, and I think it may be even better the next day!
3 lb beef brisket, trimmed of fat
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 lb carrots cut in big chunks
12 oz tomato-based chili sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
12 oz beer
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place brisket in glass baking dish and cover with sliced onions. Arrange carrots around brisket.
- In bowl, mix together chili sauce, brown sugar and beer. Pour over brisket.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 3 hours. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove brisket and let cool slightly. Slice (against the grain) and return to the baking dish.