Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Basic Cole Slaw Recipe


I love cole slaw with BBQ. So when my sister-n-law said she was serving ribs for Father's Day, I happily agreed to make it!

Here is the recipe my mom and I use. It's easy to adjust the amounts depending on how much cabbage you have.  You can also change the amounts of sugar and vinegar you use, depending if you like it sweeter or tangier.   I always 'cheat' and buy a bag of the pre-chopped cabbage and carrots at GFS.  I like it because it's chopped and not just shredded.  Just like the kind at KFC!


Basic Cole Slaw Dressing
2 cups Miracle Whip Light dressing
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar

Mix together with a whisk until smooth.  Toss with shredded or chopped cabbage and carrots.  Let sit in fridge for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment